Notifying Triple Zero Victoria about your plans to conduct a burn-off prevents unnecessary fire brigade response. Callers to triple zero reporting an actual fire can then be advised that the fire is a planned burn.
If the fire that the triple zero caller is reporting can't be verified as a burn-off, the fire brigade will be notified.
Notifying Triple Zero Victoria
To notify us of a planned burn that is set to commence more than 2 hours from now, you can either:
- register online at Fire Permits Victoria
- complete the notification form and email it to email@example.com
If you wish to start your burn-off within 2 hours, or if you do not want to use the online form or email the form as a document, you may register your burn-off by calling 1800 668 511. This number is monitored 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Conducting a burn-off
If conducting a burn-off, it is important that you also:
- follow the regulations and laws set by CFA which can be found at the CFA website or that of your local council
- inform your neighbours if your activity will generate fire and smoke
- check the weather forecast for the day and a few days afterwards.
Water and fire services off, and bridge and road closure notifications